There are numerous opportunities for public comment throughout the NextGrid study process.
To learn about the work of specific Working Groups, please visit those website pages to view meeting agendas, the presentations from each meeting, and meeting summaries. We welcome public comment and feedback on these items; you may send comments directly to each Working Group Leader at the email provided on those Working Group web pages.
The public is also invited to submit white papers, expert research, or general comments to our public portal, by emailing ICC.NextGrid@illinois.gov.
Please join ICC Chairman Brien J. Sheahan and Lead Study Facilitators Dr. George Gross and Dr. Pete Sauer from the University of Illinois for a NextGrid Study Update and Public Comment Session.
The session will be held on June 14, 2018 from 1 – 3:00 pm in the ICC main hearing room, 160 N. LaSalle, C-800. Interested participants may also view via teleconference at the ICC Springfield Office, 527 East Capitol Avenue. View the agenda here.
The focus of this first public comment session will be Working Groups 1, 2 and 3, with overview presentations made by leaders of those Working Groups. After the presentations, the public will have the opportunity to ask questions and offer written and verbal comments to be considered by the Commission and the Lead Facilitator as they develop the NextGrid report.
Due to limited seating, participants are encouraged to register early. Those who wish to comment verbally should register in advance and sign in at the meeting. To accommodate as many speakers as possible, there will be a time limit set for verbal comments. Written comments of any length will be accepted from any member of the public who attends.
This is one of three public comment sessions to be held this summer to provide stakeholders and the public with information about the progress of the study. The other two meetings will be held in Central and Southern Illinois. Details on those meetings will be published on this page once they are confirmed. check back to this page for more details.
- Anheuser-Busch aims for zero-emissions truck fleet
- Electricity or hydrogen - What is the future of vehicles?
- Exxon Mobile
- The Social Cost of Carbon
- Warren G. Lavey
- Winds of Change in Europe
- Layton Olson
- County of Dupage, Village of Schaumburg, Village of Roselle, and Village of Hanover Park
- Advanced Energy Economy Institute
- Alevo USA
- Ameren Illinois
- Carolyn Gerwin
- Chicago Advanced Energy Group
- City of Chicago
- Clean Energy Trust
- Clean Line Energy Partners
- Coalition to Request Equitable Allocation of Costs Together
- Corporation for Positive Change
- DuPage County Board
- DuPage Mayors and Managers Conference
- Elevate Energy
- EnPhase Energy
- Environmental Defense Fund and Citizens Utility Board
- Environmental Entrepreneurs
- Environmental Law & Policy Center
- FirstFuel Software
- Great Plains Institute (GPI) and Center for Energy & Environment (CEE)
- Greg Busch
- Homer Glen Environment Committee
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce
- Illinois Competitive Energy Association
- Illinois PIRG & Illinois PIRG Education Fund
- Illinois Solar Energy Association
- Inova Energy Group Gade Environmental Group and the Abrams Environmental Law Clinic at the U of Chicago Law
- Interstate Renewable Energy Council
- Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- Nuclear Energy Information Service
- People of the State of Illinois, OAG
- Placer Consulting Services LLC
- Prescient Transmission Systems
- Retail Energy Supply Association
- Rothschild Financial Consulting
- Sierra Club IL Chapter
- Solar Energy Industries Association
- Strategen Consulting
- Switched Source
- Tesla IL
- Village of Roselle
- Village of Schaumburg
- Wired Group
- Wired Group - Addendum